General Policies & Requirements
Compliance to the specifications is imperative – any abstract that does not comply with these specifications will not be accepted for review and will be returned to you by the Conference Managers for resubmission.
The purpose of the abstract is to define the precise subject of the presentation to an audience. The abstract should state the problem being addressed, the purpose of the paper, basic procedures/methods, main findings and principle conclusions in a single paragraph. Only if necessary, references should be minimally cited in the body of the abstract.
Any funding support for research should be stated at the end.
The abstract title should be short, informative and contain the major key words.
Please list ALL authors and affiliations within the text boxes as indicated on the abstract submission form.
Please list the contact author within the text box as indicated. The contact author may be different to the presenting author.
Requirements for the Submission of Abstracts
- All abstracts must contain original work that has not previously been reported. Abstracts may be from a range of categories, including original research, case studies, and insight or review articles.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Submissions will be returned to the author without review if not in the correct format and must be resubmitted immediately in the correct format to be reviewed and considered for inclusion in the program.
- The presenting author must submit the abstract.
- The Scientific and Social Program committee will not look favourably on authors presenting multiple papers.
- Please note there may only be one presenting author per paper.
- The presenter will be required to register and pay for the conference to ensure their abstract(s) are included in the final program, journal supplement and the Conference Mobile App – deadline for author registration is 12 June 2019.
- Do not resubmit an abstract for any reason other than a notified submission error. If you do not receive a submission confirmation email stating your abstract was successfully uploaded, please contact the Conference Managers.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly. After an author has submitted their abstract they must check their submission, which will be converted to a PDF file, to ensure the document has been uploaded correctly.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the appointed Conference abstract reviewers.
- It is a requirement of all presenters that a biography (maximum of 150 words) is supplied at the time of abstract submission. This is for use by the chairperson in each session, and will be fed into the Conference Mobile App.
- Faxed or mailed hard-copy abstracts or abstracts sent on disk/CD will not be accepted.
- It is a requirement of all presenters that a photograph is supplied at the time of abstract submission. This information will be fed into the Conference Mobile App.
- At the time of submission authors will be required to disclose any financial relationship(s) or investigational use of commercial product(s).
If you are unable to submit via the website please contact the Conference Managers:
Phone: +61 2 9265 0700
Fax: +61 2 9267 5443
The Conference Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
Return to Abstract Submission page.